ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.1.7 on AIX 4.3.3 crashing

2003-07-07 07:25:56
Subject: Re: TSM 5.1.7 on AIX 4.3.3 crashing
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 07:25:33 -0400
>I have a problem with TSM server 5.1.7 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 10
>>From time to time (2-3 times a week) my TSM server crashes accidentaly :(
>In dsmserv.err I have:
>
>07/05/2003 01:47:26  ANR7834S Thread 114 (tid 729f) terminating on signal
> 11  (Segmentation violation).

Well, that's a software defect, plain and simple.  In that you are at the
very latest level, you should definitely report this to TSM Support.
You may be able to mitigate the problem by boosting your Unix Resource
Limits under which you start the server.  Determining what TSM event or
process is starting when the error occurs will aid TSM Support in resolving
the problem, and perhaps help you avoid the failure case.

  Richard Sims, BU