ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1 and a Manual drive

2003-07-03 20:38:59
Subject: TSM 4.2.1 and a Manual drive
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT ZANTAZ DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:38:30 -0700
I've been playing with my single external LTO drive and having problems with
the good ole "insufficient mount points available" error. I know getting TSM
to work with a manual drive is quirky and am probably missing something but
I'm able to label a cartridge fine using label libv so I assume the drive is
defined properly and working. However whenever I try a migration or run a
backup that forces a migration I get the insufficient mount points error.

My devclass has DRIVES for mount limit.. I've also tried "1" there but it
didn't help. My node in question has maxnump set to 1 which should be fine
too. Looking for other suggestions if anyone has any.. I searched the adsm
list archive and someone had mentioned doing a "reply" and that I had to
mount the tape but that doesn't seem to be the case here. It never puts for
a request for me to reply to. I've tried it both with the tape in the drive
and without it in the drive. The tape has been labeled successfully but
nothing shows up under "query libv" or "query vol". Far as I know you don't
have to check in a manual tape do you? Maybe that's my problem..

Gerald Wichmann
Senior Systems Development Engineer
ZANTAZ, Inc.
925.598.3099 (w)

This e-mail has been captured and archived by the ZANTAZ Digital Safe(tm)
service.  For more information, visit us at www.zantaz.com.
IMPORTANT: This electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the
that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
telephone or directly reply to the original message(s) sent.  Thank you.