ADSM-L

DB Restore Using Server To Server Virtual Volume Failing

2003-07-02 05:05:32
Subject: DB Restore Using Server To Server Virtual Volume Failing
From: Robin Lowe <robin_lowe AT STANDARDLIFE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 07:59:44 +0100
I discovered the cause of this one.
Wrong version of the device configuration file was being picked up (was
from correct TSM Server but 8 months old).
Once this was corrected, restore worked fine.
Morale here is to make sure your test environment matches Production as
much as possible, especially definitions !

Thanks for all who posted on this one.

Cheers

Robin

For more information on Standard Life, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

The Standard Life Assurance Company, Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road,
Edinburgh EH1 2DH, is registered in Scotland (No. SZ4) and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority. Tel: 0131 225 2552 - calls may be recorded or
monitored. This confidential e-mail is for the addressee only. If received
in error, do not retain/copy/disclose it without our consent and please
return it to us. We virus scan and monitor all e-mails but are not
responsible for any damage caused by a virus or alteration by a third party
after it is sent.