ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation

2003-07-01 23:03:29
Subject: Re: Reclamation
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:03:01 -0500
From: Mario Behring [mailto:mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM]
> I have the following environment:
>    TSM Server 5.1.5.2 running on a W2k Server SP3 machine
>    LTO 3581 L17 autoloader with 1 drive and 7 slots
>    200GB each tape (1.4TB total)
>
> The following scenario is required:
>    Daily backup with the possibility to restore files 30 days old.
>    Tapes should be sent to a vault everyday and no tape
> should ever be at the site (unless there is two of each I
> guess - a copy)
>
> What do you guys consider that should be the best
> backup/restore scenario (policies), considering that there is
> only one drive, to require less reclamation operations ?

You're never going to be able to reclaim a copy storage pool, and you'll
have to use a chunk of disk for a disk-based reclamation pool for the
primary pool.

Do yourself a *big* favor. Find a way to wangle a two-drive library.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks