ADSM-L

Correct syntax for defining objects in command schedule

2003-07-01 08:20:59
Subject: Correct syntax for defining objects in command schedule
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 21:59:44 +1000
Dear TSM folk,

I need to use the administrative command line interface to define a client
schedule which will run the following command;

/dir/script > /dir/log 2>&1

Looks simple enough. After all, I just need to define a schedule with an
action of command and objects with the command in it. But I'm having
difficulty in establishing the correct syntax for quoting those objects.
The reference guide advises that multiple objects should be double quoted
with single quotes around the whole lot. In this case it doesn't work.

Can someone help me get my objects syntax correct - I'd like to determine
the correct way to run the following;

def sched domain schedule_name action=command starttime=18:00
objects='"/dir/script > /dir/log 2>&1"'

I've tried any number of combinations of double quotes and single quotes.
Often I get the message;
ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter - OBJECTS
which appears to be caused by the use of the redirect symbol.

The command I wish to use has been correctly set on other systems via the
web interface - but in this instance that is not possible.

Thanks for your help,

Eric Winters
Sydney Australia