ADSM-L

Immediate Action Schedule on Managed Domain?

2003-06-26 13:18:05
Subject: Immediate Action Schedule on Managed Domain?
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:16:24 -0600
Hello All,

We have a managed server with managed policy domains (OS/390, TSM
V4.2.1).  When I try to define an immediate action schedule on the
managed server, it gives me the error message:

ANR3200E DEFINE SCHEDULE: Command cannot be executed -
                       domain IT-DESKTOP-TSS is a managed object.

I also tried defining an immediate action schedule on the configuration
manager and refreshing the configuration.  Then the client is contacted,
but the managed server does not start the backup.

I ended up defining a regular client backup schedule on the
configuration manager, refreshing the configuration, then associating
the client node with the schedule on the managed server.  This worked
but is not exactly convenient.

Does anyone know of an easier way to kick off an immediate action
schedule with a set up such as this or am I SOL?

Nancy Brizuela
University of Wyoming
IBM Systems Group
Ivinson Room 238