ADSM-L

TSM 5.1.6.5 and NDMP with EMC NS600

2003-06-25 17:53:29
Subject: TSM 5.1.6.5 and NDMP with EMC NS600
From: Jorge Andrés Salinas Girodengo <jsalinas AT ITESM DOT MX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:52:59 -0500
Well the title said it all

I would like to start to test this envrionment :

EMC NS600  ( NAS ) with MIA
3584 Library with Latest Flash
TSM 5.1.6.5 on AIX 4.3.3.11
IBM 2109 F16 SAN Switch

Has anybody tried this before, volume level backups of a huge file system using
NDMP.  Until last week I was told by the IBM guys that it was not really
supported but I found this:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&q=&uid=swg21054144&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en+en

By the way, there was a thread not long ago about licensing procedures for TSM
clients and yes they're processor centered.

Thanks
Ing. Jorge A. Salinas G.
ITESM - Vicerrectoría de Tecnologías de Información
Dirección de Desarrollo Tecnológico
Departamento de Almacenamiento de Información
+52 (81) 8387 7411
+52 (81) 8387 7439