ADSM-L

Re: Navision backup and SQL error

2003-06-25 02:40:44
Subject: Re: Navision backup and SQL error
From: Martin Jeppesen <MTN AT EDBGRUPPEN DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:38:47 +0200
Thanks for the help and quick reply :-)
I'm pretty sure it's the one with SQL option...being that SQL runs seems to
be running on all the same servers as navision.
It's SQL server developer edition version 8.00.
regards, Martin

                      Chris Murphy
                      <cmurphy AT IDL DOT STAT        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      E.ID.US>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  Re: Navision backup
and SQL error
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      24-06-2003 17:48
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Firstly, welcome to the list.  I would recommend that you browse the
QuickFacts that wise Richard has put together at:
http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.funcdir whenever you have questions about
ITSM.   Secondly, keep an eye out for monthly FAQ's put out by Mark
Stapleton (search ADSM.ORG for previous copies).

>2.
>How do I got about backing up a navision installtion, I don't know the
least about navision - does it
>have it's own TDP or what do I do ?

As for this, we use Navision also.  Which "flavor" are you using, the
native
database engine, or the SQL-option for Navision?

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands
Office: (208) 334-0293
cmurphy AT idl.state.id DOT us
#80 - The admin is emptying the bit buckets