ADSM-L

Re: looking for a doc which tracks messages format changes for actlog

2003-06-24 10:06:08
Subject: Re: looking for a doc which tracks messages format changes for actlog
From: Christian Bagard <christian.bagard AT WANADOO DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:09:26 +0200
Hello David,

Formally, it seems there is no 'change' of messages between versions
A message may be new or no more available (or not documented, explicitly in a
chapter of M&Codes, or not explicity)
but not modified.

But yes, there are 'spaces-blanks variations' around variables (filenames,
nodenames, adminnames, drivenames ...) inside messages :
between versions, between languages, between operating systems ???
I don't know where or why, but I saw that several times.
Maybe Andy will be more accurate about these "variations". But maybe there is
no explanation-solution.

If you read actlog by program, I think you have to deal with these variations
in your code. That's we (try to) do.

Best regards

Christian Bagard
email : c.bagard AT sos-restore DOT com

SOS-Restore - 32 cours Mirabeau - 13100 Aix-en-Provence - France