ADSM-L

Re: help:recovery log mode

2003-06-24 08:08:43
Subject: Re: help:recovery log mode
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:05:59 -0400
>Hi all,my logvol have total space only 300MB and my log mode is
>rollforward,and my hard disk have no more sapce.About 1 month
>later ,the space will be fulled,how can I solve this?

As per the Admin Guide manual, doing BAckup DB will clear your
Recovery Log, giving you space to continue processing.
Your plight indicates that your server is underconfigured: 300 MB is
rather tiny for a Recovery Log, by today's standards.  Disks are
cheap these days, so implementing more should not be a major hurdle.

  Richard Sims, BU