ADSM-L

Re: Unavailable LTO Tapes

2003-06-22 19:25:03
Subject: Re: Unavailable LTO Tapes
From: Rob Hefty <R.Hefty AT LABSAFETY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:27:49 -0500
Shawn,
To transfer the data to another volume use the move data command (move data
volume_name).  TSM will use any other available tape as the recipient tape,
as long as you are not using collocation.

You can check in a new tape with that old label if you delete the old volume
from the database (del vol volume_name) after it is checked out of the
library, then check in the new vol with that old label.