ADSM-L

Re: Schedule for the last day of the month...every month

2003-06-20 12:47:26
Subject: Re: Schedule for the last day of the month...every month
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:24:59 -0700
Hi, Lindsay.

I would suggest also monitoring backup status using a select statement to
pull out filespaces that didn't complete backup within x amount of time,
even if you use the TSM scheduler.  This is useable with autosys.  Also,
autosys scripts can report based on RC, and since we now have meaningful
RC's from the client, that probably provides autosys reasonable
success/failure notification.  My autosys controlled backups email me on
failure, but I'm using scripts to parse the dsmc output for some weird
things, rather than using the dsmc RC.

The problem we run into is that our TSM admins don't have visibility into
the Autosys schedules for load balancing purposes.  I'm still trying to
figure that one out.  Maybe a weekly autosys report?  Hmm...

Alex Paschal
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail