ADSM-L

Re: channel bonding

2003-06-19 17:08:53
Subject: Re: channel bonding
From: Chris Murphy <cmurphy AT IDL.STATE.ID DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:09:33 -0600
>>So I guess my questions is: does anyone here run TSM on 2K Server and get
channel bonding? Or are people
>>having with a single NIC

I am not familiar with the term "channel bonding", but I am assuming you are
refering to Ether-Channeling.  This is also sometimes called
Link-Aggregation (though really they are two different things).  If so, yes
it is possible on Windows 2000.  This functionality is more of a function of
the hardware/driver support than it is OS support.  You must also have
switches which support it, but if you had it running previously, then
obviously they do.  All of the Intel Pro 1000 series supports
Ether-channeling/Link Aggregation, and AFAIK you can even mix and match the
different models (we do).  While I do not use it with TSM, we have several
severs which use Ether-channeling.  Consult the documentation/readme from
Intel for guidance setting it up.  It's very simple on Wintel boxes, and
ensure you have the newest driver revs available!  HTH

Chris Murphy
IT Network Analyst
Idaho Dept. of Lands
Office: (208) 334-0293
cmurphy AT idl.state.id DOT us
#80 - The admin is emptying the bit buckets