ADSM-L

Re: TDP Lotus Domino Backup/Restore Procedure

2003-06-19 11:42:30
Subject: Re: TDP Lotus Domino Backup/Restore Procedure
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:34:01 -0400
Joni,

FYI...

Data Protection for Lotus Domino requires at least Domino 5.
It does not support Domino 4. (Domino 4 did not have the
backup/restore APIs for doing database level online backup/restore.)

Once you get to Domino 5, Data Protection for Lotus Domino will
handle the online backup of the Domino databases and templates.
So, you can exclude those in the options file that handles
the file-level backup. But, you do NOT exclude those in the
options file for Data Protection for Lotus Domino.

I recommend looking over the "Backup strategy considerations"
in the User's Guide and also looking at the Redbook,
"Backing Up Lotus Domino R5 Using Tivoli Storage Management.
Pub number: SG24-5247-00
You can find that at: www.redbooks.ibm.com

Thanks,

Del

> Since I only do the administrative portion of tsm I am not familiar with
> the TDP for Lotus Domino that we have for our Lotus Notes servers.  We
are
> currently running TSM 5.1.6.2 on os/390 and the lotus notes servers are
TDP
> Domino AIX version 4.2.  I was wondering what the standard
include/exclude
> list is for such servers and what is the normal procedure for restoring
the
> server?
>
> We recently had a problem where the NFS and txn files were excluded from
> the TSM backups, but in order to bring up the TDP you need these files?
If