ADSM-L

TDP Lotus Domino Backup/Restore Procedure

2003-06-19 09:12:40
Subject: TDP Lotus Domino Backup/Restore Procedure
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:12:08 -0400
Hello again everyone!

Since I only do the administrative portion of tsm I am not familiar with
the TDP for Lotus Domino that we have for our Lotus Notes servers.  We are
currently running TSM 5.1.6.2 on os/390 and the lotus notes servers are TDP
Domino AIX version 4.2.  I was wondering what the standard include/exclude
list is for such servers and what is the normal procedure for restoring the
server?

We recently had a problem where the NFS and txn files were excluded from
the TSM backups, but in order to bring up the TDP you need these files?  If
anyone has a good explanation of their process and how TDP works I would
appreciate it!  Thank you!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com