ADSM-L

Re: Restore OS (Linux/Solaris)

2003-06-18 20:03:06
Subject: Re: Restore OS (Linux/Solaris)
From: Mark Ferraretto <mark.ferraretto AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:01:52 +0800
Here's my clopt for Unix systems (AIX, Solaris, Linux).

For a restore, we just do a dsmc restore from the command line.

Option                        Sequence     Override     Option Value
                                number
-------------------------     --------     --------
CHANGINGRETRIES                      0           No     3
COMPRESSION                          0           No     no
DIRMC                                0           No     m1
DIRMC                                1           No     m1
INCLEXCL                             5           No     include /.../* M1
INCLEXCL                            10           No     exclude /tmp/.../*
INCLEXCL                            15           No     exclude /links/.../*
INCLEXCL                            20           No     exclude /net/.../*
INCLEXCL                            25           No     exclude /xfn/.../*
INCLEXCL                            30           No     exclude /dev/fd/.../*
INCLEXCL                            35           No     exclude /etc/mnttab
INCLEXCL                            40           No     exclude /var/run/.../*
INCLEXCL                            45           No     exclude /.../core
INCLEXCL                            50           No     exclude
/.../SpaceMan/.../*
INCLEXCL                            55           No     exclude
/.../tempdb/.../*
INCLEXCL                            60           No     exclude /.../tempdb
INCLEXCL                            65           No     exclude /.../SWAP*
INCLEXCL                            70           No     exclude /.../*.dbf
INCLEXCL                            80           No     exclude /.../tempdb.dat
TXNBYTELIMIT                         0           No     25600

--
Mark Ferraretto
Unix Systems Administrator

                      Karel.Bos AT NUON DOT CO
                      M                        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      [email protected].        Subject:  Restore OS
(Linux/Solaris)
                      EDU

                      06/18/03 10:22 PM
                      Please respond to
                      ADSM-L

Hi,

On the list I found the info I needed to restore Windows OS successfully
(install os, sp, client etc.). The next step is to do the same for Sun
Solaris and Linux. What I need is the default incl_excl list for those
operating systems and if someone can share it his/her steps to succesfully
restore these OS's. Maybe I haven't my day, but I can't find this info.

Gr.

Karel
TSM server: 5.1.7.0
TSM cl. 5.1.5.x

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.