ADSM-L

System Files - Windows Client

2003-06-18 11:16:09
Subject: System Files - Windows Client
From: "Weeks, Debbie" <debbie AT ADMIN.USF DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:15:38 -0400
Can someone point me to a list that details exactly what files are
included in the system files under system objects?

I have several W2K servers that can't back up the system files, causing
the nightly backups to fail and the scheduler service to stop (even if
it is set to restart on failure).  If the backup window hasn't expired
it sometimes, but not always, keeps trying to run the backup over and
over again until the window has expired, but never completes
successfully.  The status shows up as a ?.  I can manually backup all of
the local drives, and all system objects except for system files.

Since this broke out like a bad rash I have a feeling that a service
pack or patch on the servers involved caused the problem.  But I haven't
been able to find a commonality among the servers.  I have been battling
this over the past month or so, and several of the servers that came
down with this affliction have seemingly healed themselves.  But I am
left with a couple of stubborn ones that I can't seem to get working.  I
have tried some searches of the knowledge base, but haven't been able to
find anything that seems to fit.  We are in the process of upgrading to
version 5, but haven't implemented yet, so we are still on 4.2.

Debbie