ADSM-L

Re: Restore

2003-06-17 22:40:06
Subject: Re: Restore
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:39:46 -0500
From: Lopez Janeth [mailto:jlop10 AT CANTV.COM DOT VE]
> I want to do a restore backup version of files to a different
> workstation. I
> use : restore -virtualnodename=eq201patrol02
> /home/u/NetCmmnd/consola_1606
> I obtain the following messages in the dsmerror.log: ANS1108E
> Invalid option
> (-VIRTUALNODENAME) for the RESTORE command

Try this, rather:

# dsmc -virtualnodename=eq201patrol02

tsm> restore /home/u/NetCmmnd/consola_1606
<whatever_target_directory_you_desire>

Note: the above command will restore one file (called consola_1606) from
the directory /home/u/NetCmmnd. If you want to restore the directory
console_1606 (and all subdirectories under it), the command should read

tsm> restore /home/u/NetCmmnd/consola_1606/*
                <whatever_target_directory_you_desire> -subdir=yes

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT berbee DOT com)
Berbee Information Networks