ADSM-L

Re: Moving from OS/390 to AIX network questions.

2003-06-15 13:56:24
Subject: Re: Moving from OS/390 to AIX network questions.
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:51:30 +0300
Best approach (IMO) is to create EtherChannel. Thus the load balancing
will be automatic. 1/2 of the nodes does not mean always 1/2 of the data
flow.
Two cards on same IP subnet can accept connections simultaneously on two
addresses but the outbound traffic will be routed only through one of
them.
Two cards on different IPs also will be harder for auto-failover without
current sessions' termination.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

"Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
13.06.2003 19:55