ADSM-L

Re: Windows Java Console

2003-06-13 17:42:03
Subject: Re: Windows Java Console
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 16:32:59 -0500

Jerry,

Thanks for the info.  I tried that after receiving your message but the TSM client spawned the Java console anyway.  I even rebooted after turning Java off in the IE settings.  Made no difference.

What I have found since my original message is that the Java console is tied to the specific MSIE process that launched it.  Navigating to another web site does not stop the Java console.  Only closing that MSIE process kills it.  That's a bit of a pain and leaves room for improvement, but at least I don't have to reboot.  So I'll say "the glass is half full" and carry on from there.

Thanks again.

Tab

"Slag, Jerry B." <jslag AT STATE.ND DOT US>

06/11/2003 10:59 AM