ADSM-L

Moving from OS/390 to AIX network questions.

2003-06-13 12:54:53
Subject: Moving from OS/390 to AIX network questions.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:55:30 -0400
Good afternoon,

 Well we have finally made the jump. We will be moving our TSM server off
of OS/390 to AIX in the near future. My question has to do with network
connectivity and redundancy.

 In our new TSM environment we will be using 2 GIG connections into our
network to a single TSM image and ideally we like to have TSM balance
backup load over each card. What we are looking for is away to build
redundancy. We would like to put 1/2 of out clients on one gig card (TSMA)
and the other 1/2 on the second card (TSMB). Now ideally if TSMA were to
fail we would like to get all of the clients using that card to
automatically begin to use the TSMB card and visa-versa.

 Our network group thinks that this can be done but I was wondering if
anyone is currently doing something like this and if so a brief description
of how.

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

 CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments, is intended only for
the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this document in error, and any use, review,
copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy any and all copies of this
communication.