ADSM-L

Win2K - Can't backup system object

2003-06-13 12:26:17
Subject: Win2K - Can't backup system object
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:27:28 -0500
TSM Win2K Server 4.2.1.4, Win2K client TSM client vers 5.1.1

We just updated some of our servers with the latest code fixes from M$
On two servers that run M$SQL the client can backup the data, but it
fails daily.

When trying to do a manual backup using the client GUI, the data will
backup, but there is a problem when I try to backup the system object.

Tthe client 'disappears' (i.e. ends with no message and clears from the
screen)
Messages like the one below are in dsmerror.log:
06/13/2003 08:44:56 File not found
06/13/2003 08:44:56 File not found
06/13/2003 08:45:39 The file is being used by another process
06/13/2003 08:45:39 The file is being used by another process

On the other I get the 'file is being used by another process' message also.

Suggestions?