ADSM-L

Re: active version

2003-06-13 11:09:03
Subject: Re: active version
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:07:49 -0500
So all "active" versions of files stored on a TSM server is what you can
classify as ~the current restore set~.
They make up all the data as it existed the last time a ~backup~ was
performed (be it "incr" or "sel")
Now, what might be missing ?   files that are found in "exclude"
statements, files that failed to back up, etc...
Say we are on a windows box and you do a
      restore -subdir=yes C:\*
tsm will give you back all the "active" files.

Dwight

                      Lopez Janeth
                      <jlop10 AT CANTV DOT COM        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      .VE>                     cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  active version
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      06/13/2003 09:19
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

hi, how I know if the active version is a full or partial incremental
backup?

Janeth