ADSM-L

Re: TSM LTO 3580 Performance

2003-06-13 09:56:49
Subject: Re: TSM LTO 3580 Performance
From: Colby Morgan <cmorgan AT DATA-TRONICS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:56:18 -0500
The 3580 is the only drive on the 2940UW.  As for cable quality, I have
tried three different cables with the same result.  I even disconnected the
Mammoth2 from the onboard IBM Ultra160 controller and used its cable with
the 2940UW, with the same results.

I originally had the 3580 connected to the onboard Ultra160 controller and
was having poor performance.  IBM support told me that it was not on their
compatibility list so I put in the 2940UW.

With large files (300MB - 1GB) I can push the drive over 40GB/hr,
performance only suffers when the data is smaller files.