ADSM-L

Re: TSM on Linux poll.

2003-06-12 12:07:15
Subject: Re: TSM on Linux poll.
From: Mitch Sako <msako AT CADENCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:06:40 -0700
It seems to me that some of this is related to dynamic linking in the tsmscsi
components.  The rest of TSM appears to be running on many other kernels
without issues.  My suggestion would be to beef up the tsmscsi executables to
support any and all possible configurations and the problem goes away.  Just
line up the most popular distros and kernels and build for those.  The dsmserv
executable seems to have problems running on "unsupported" distros and
kernels.

Mitch