ADSM-L

Re: Auditdb timing - FYI

2003-06-12 11:14:05
Subject: Re: Auditdb timing - FYI
From: J M <jm_seattle AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:13:32 -0700
I agree- we have tried to run unload/load DB and audit DB to either conserve
space or cleanup the database and found in both cases that the time required
(we have 100 GB databases) was not worth the effort. R.Sims comments on this
make sense too, since DB space is random, however we still face 1.3 hours
for DBS backup daily--

It would certainly be nice to shrink the overall daily timeframes down with
an advanced DB backup function above and beyond the full+incremental
variants that we use today- wouldn't it be cool to have multi-session DB
backups that allow you to backup/restore the DB to/from multiple volumes at
once like DB2 or UDBEEE.....

Also- a DB merge utility would be brilliant- where someday in the future if
you loose one TSM server(failure,scheduled maintenance, disasters), the
other TSM server instance could still access it's data stores (like a big
parallel database setup where any instance can get to any data...).

Ok- 'time to pass the crack pipe....

John