ADSM-L

Re: AW: unknown error with cluster client [ANS1009W]

2003-06-11 08:32:48
Subject: Re: AW: unknown error with cluster client [ANS1009W]
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:32:20 -0400
>I get this ANS1009W error too:
>
>10.06.2003 09:31:07 ANS1009W An error occurred processing the operating =
>system include/exclude statements.
>The error was detected while processing: hivelist: no string data.
>
>my configuration:
>  server w2ksp3 tsm 4.2.3.4
>  client w2ksp3 cluster tsm baclient 5.1.6.0
>
>any suggestions?

Thomas - Thanks for pasting in the actual message; that helps.

I think the thing to do is 'dsmc query inclexcl' and see if there is anything
in that list which should not be, as in perhaps excluding a system file which
needs to participate in a System Objects backup for a consistent set.
As described under the Backup Registry command, the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Hivelist
Registry key lists the system registry files to be backed up; so that has to
be in play, and must have the usual contents.

General note: There is the fine 2001 doc...

    Redpiece: Deploying the Tivoli Storage Manager Client in a Windows 2000
    Environment (SG24-6141)
        http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG246141.html
        http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/redbooks/SG246141.pdf

 Richard Sims, BU