ADSM-L

Re: Total Storage Expert and TSM on AIX

2003-06-10 00:18:32
Subject: Re: Total Storage Expert and TSM on AIX
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:38:25 +1000
TSE coexists happiliy with TSM.  However being written in java it is a resource
and memory hog.  Don't use it on the same machine as TSM if you are short on
memory.  Make sure TSE report generation doesn't run at the same time as
something in TSM that needs lots of CPU.

Regards

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> jsalinas AT ITESM DOT MX 10/06/2003 9:54:08 >>>
Hi all

I'm going to need some data collection from a Total Storage Expert. I also have
a TSM server (5.1.6.5) running on an AIX 4.3.3.11 but its not in total
production. Do you know of some issues when instaling both products on the same
machine?

I don't want to waste CPUs on the TS Expert. :)

Ing. Jorge A. Salinas G.
ITESM - Vicerrectoría de Tecnologías de Información
Dirección de Desarrollo Tecnológico
Departamento de Almacenamiento de Información
+52 (81) 8387 7411
+52 (81) 8387 7439

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.