ADSM-L

Move from Primary Pool Doesn't Remove from Copy Pool

2003-06-09 19:00:51
Subject: Move from Primary Pool Doesn't Remove from Copy Pool
From: Joshua Bassi <italianharleyguy AT SBCGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:00:22 -0700
All,

My colleague issued a move data command from a primary stg pool to a new
primary stg pool.  He then backed up the new stg pool.  After this was
done, there were actually 3 copies of the data (1 in the new primary stg
pool, 1 in the new copy stg pool, and 1 in the original copy stg pool).

My questions is, how is it possible to remove the copy in the original
copy stg pool since we now have it in a new copy stg pool.  The move
data command will not work because you can only move data within a copy
stg pool and not into a new pool.

The only thing I was able to think of was to blow the data away and
re-back it up to the new primary stg pool.  Any help would be
appreciated.

--
Joshua S. Bassi
Tivoli Certified Consultant -ADSM/TSM