ADSM-L

Re: client direct login on 5.1.6.2 TSM

2003-06-09 10:08:22
Subject: Re: client direct login on 5.1.6.2 TSM
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:07:58 -0500
From: Joni Moyer [mailto:joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM]
I have a TSM server 5.1.6.2 on os/390 2.10 and users backup their PC's to
TSM.  Previously they were asked for a userid and password to access TSM
for restores, backups, etc.  but now when they go to do this it is directly
connecting to the TSM server.  I have recently upgraded this server from
4.1.5 to 5.1.6.2, but we are using an exact copy of the opt file for the
tsm server.  Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions as to why this may be
occurring?  Thanks!

The line

passwordaccess generate

in the dsm.opt file allows the TSM client to store an encrypted copy of their
TSM password in the Windows registry. That's why they don't have to
authenticate.