ADSM-L

Re: AIX backup command via TSM scheduler

2003-06-06 13:57:38
Subject: Re: AIX backup command via TSM scheduler
From: "Conko, Steven" <sconko AT ADT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:57:01 -0600
We have an AIX server, so I dont know if the syntax is different, but we do
have AIX clients. we run similar commands but dont use any quotes and dont
include the "-c", an entry for us is like this:

su - oracle /home/oracle/scripts/backup/db_backup.sh

It usually runs fine. however, there are isolated instances where it may
fail with the rc=1 yet still run from the command line. in each of those
cases we have had to step through the entire process with debug statements
to find out what the problem is (keeping in mind that with the su -, the
profile is sourced first.) usually, there ends up being some problem in the
environment or a problem with double sourcing a file. i have no idea why the
scheduler has problems when it runs okay from the command line. but that is
what we have had to to... debug the process.

Steve