ADSM-L

Re: LAN free and SANERGY

2003-06-06 04:38:24
Subject: Re: LAN free and SANERGY
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:37:55 +0200
On Thu, 5 Jun 2003 13:06:56 -0700
inotzki <inotzki AT YAHOO DOT COM> wrote:

> All,
>
> We are to  do LAN free to disk and tape now.  Has anybody has or knows of
> a working setup of:
>
>  1.  SANERGY MDC on AIX 5.1/AIX 4.3.3

My suppier has up to now been unable to deliver the MDC capable AIX needed.

>  2.  SANERGY Client on AIX 4.3.3

Sucks big time. The client code consists of a replacement libc that utilises
the default libc. This replacement libc has enough bugs in it to be able to
crash even simple apps like apachectl.

>  3.  SANERGY Client on Solaris 8/9

Works more or less like the AIX client (uses a ldpreload) I expect to see
more or less the same problems.

>  4.  ESS
>  5.  TSM 515 for AIX 3.3.3

TSM 5.1.6.4 on AIX 4.3.3, no problem

>  6.  Managed Systems for SAN Storage Agent on Solaris 8/9
>  7.  3484 Tape library
>
> Any issues?

I have not actually used SANergy to do backups, the basic FS functionality
is IMNSHO broken by design so I recommended not using sanergy in
production environments.