ADSM-L

TSM X 5.1.5

2003-06-05 13:36:52
Subject: TSM X 5.1.5
From: Mikael Hansen <meh2 AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:35:16 -0700
I was doing some AppleScripting with TSM in Mac OS X and realized
that the applications do not all have unique creator codes:

Application              Creator code

TSM Scheduler Daemon             AnSd
TSM Scheduler                    AnSc
TSM Backup                       ANSB

TSM Mac X Scheduler Daemon.app   AnSd
TSM Mac X Scheduler.app          AnSd
TSM Mac X Backup.app             AnSd

Also, I often encounter both of the following situations on different
Mac OS X boxes, all being logged in as admin. On one box, I can do a
complete reboot, and no matter which one of the three TSM X
applications I double-click on, they most often will not ask for
authentication. On another box, I can authenticate by either
double-clicking or manually running a script that starts it up, and
then later after having quit it and starting up the application, I am
once again prompted for authentication, even though I haven't
rebooted the box or logged out or anything like that. I have no idea
why.

Mikael