ADSM-L

Re: Scheduling again

2003-06-05 10:29:06
Subject: Re: Scheduling again
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:28:17 -0700
You do not indicate your TSM versions, but I am guessing you are at 5.1.
See the "automating tasks" chapter in the client manual for an explanation
of client return codes.

"dsmc incremental c:\docu*\* -subdir=yes" is not a valid syntax, as you
can not partially qualify directory names in this fashion. The "docu*"
directory name(s) need to be fully spelled out. If indeed it appears to
work, it is more through a quirk in file specification parsing (on both
TSM's and Windows's parts) than it is through deliberate design.
Regardless, this syntax is invalid, and should not be used. Instead, you
can say

   dsmc incremental -SUBDIR=yes "C:\Documents and Settings\"

and

   update schedule standard test objects='"C:\Documents and Settings\"'

(note that the '*' after the backslash is not required)

As to the RC 12 itself, the client manual section I referred to above
provides guidance. Also check your TSM server activity log during the
timeframe in which the scheduled backup runs, as it might shed some light
on to the problem.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
06/05/2003 07:08