ADSM-L

Scheduling again

2003-06-05 10:08:56
Subject: Scheduling again
From: Simeon Johnston <simeonuj AT INDIVISUALLEARNING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 09:08:27 -0500
I am having some issues w/ clients.  Every client is failing w/ a
"return code 12".
I can't find anything on this.  The closest thing I've found is

0012 E
DSM_RC_ABORT_MOUNT_NOT_POSSIBLE
Explanation: Server media mount not possible. The
        server timed out waiting for a mount of an offline
        volume.
System Action: File skipped.
User Response: Retry later when server volumes can
        be mounted. Ensure that the MAXNUMMP (maximum
        number of mount points) defined on the server for this
        node is greater than 0.

Which can't be right as all the volumes on the server are online.  It's
going to a file storage pool, so mount points should be irrelevant (or
maybe I'm just not understanding mount points).

So - what exactly is a 'return code 12'?  Especially since I got one of
the machines to backup just fine, and later in the day it failed again.
Doing the exact same command from the client command line

"dsmc incremental -SUBDIR=yes C:\Docu*\*"

Works great.  But the scheduled backup fails every time so far.
server schedule -

    Schedule Name: TEST
           Action: Incremental
          Objects: C:\Docu*\*