ADSM-L

Re: Tape Question

2003-06-05 08:31:50
Subject: Re: Tape Question
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:33:02 -0500
>From the help message (below), it looks like you should eject the tapes and
check them back in.  What does Category 400 mean? I hope someone else can
help us answer that!

ANR8774W Volume volume name not checked into library library name but is
using category category number.
Explanation: While processing a DEFINE LIBRARY or AUDIT LIBRARY command for
the given library, the server found a volume that was not checked into the
library (with the CHECKIN LIBVOL command), but is assigned to one of the
categories in use by that library.
System Action: If the volume category equals the value of the library
SCRATCHCAT the category is changed to the value of the library PRIVATECAT.
This is to prevent the library from loading the volume when a scratch volume
is requested.
User Response: If the volume is to be used by the server, it does not have
to be reassigned but it must be checked into the library with the CHECKIN
LIBVOL command. If the volume is not to be used by the server, use the mtlib
program to reassign the volume to its correct category. For details about
the mtlib program, refer to the documentation provided with the library
device.