ADSM-L

Two Questions: Support for Journaling and Filespacenames under W2K + Legato Cluster

2003-06-04 06:41:43
Subject: Two Questions: Support for Journaling and Filespacenames under W2K + Legato Cluster
From: twolgram AT SNS-IT DOT DE
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:18:59 +0200
Hi

we have a w2k with a Legato-Cluster and a TSM 5.1.5 Server & Clients
installed. I have 2 questions for this environment.

1. Can anybody say whether or not the Journaling Service is supported
under a config with MS W2K and a Legato-Cluster. Because the performance
for incremental backups is poor and thats why we want to implement the
Journaling Service.

2. We configured two local tsm-clients for drive c:  and systemobjects and
a third dsm-client for the shared drive e. All functioned like respected.
There is only the problem, when the cluster fails over to the other node,
we have a new filespace (with the same nodename) and all the files are now
doubled in the backup.
The option "clusternode yes" seems only to function with a native MSCS. Is
there a solution for this problem???

Thanks Holger