ADSM-L

Re: EXPORT NODE to SERVER question/issue....

2003-06-02 17:17:10
Subject: Re: EXPORT NODE to SERVER question/issue....
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:16:47 -0500
When you do a server to server export the data ends up in your archive
storage pool as a single file.  If for some reason the export fails before
completion you lose everything.  We had some rather large nodes that we
exported that took upwards of 10 to 15 hours.  We would occasionally have
network problems that would require us to start from scratch.  To get
around the problem we started doing the exports by filespace.
Jim Sporer