ADSM-L

Re: TSM Backup of open files

2003-06-02 16:41:13
Subject: Re: TSM Backup of open files
From: "De Joe, Jackie" <Jackie.DeJoe AT SLBG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:21:30 -0500
I experience the same condition when I backup my w2k servers (files failed
to be backed up due to in use), I run 5.1.5 TSM client and 5.1.5 on AIX TSM
server.  While the backup says its successful (to address Eric van Loon's
reply) there is always the concern, it this an important file to the success
of my recovery?  I have abandoned using TSM to backup the system state files
for this very reason.  I'm looking forward to trying 5.2 if it will indeed
address the open file issue.

Jackie