ADSM-L

virtual volumes on target server - when do they go away?

2003-06-02 13:15:37
Subject: virtual volumes on target server - when do they go away?
From: "GWDVMS::MOELLER" <moeller AT GWDVMS.DNET.GWDG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 19:15:10 +0200
I've been testing a "remote Copypool" setup,
and now want to clean up ...

As the last thing on the (temporary) source server,
I deleted all virtual volumes, and checked via
RECONCILE VOLUMES that they were all (logically) gone.

On the target server though, I still have the non-empty
archive filespace ADSM.SERVER belonging to the source node
(TYPE=SERVER), which can't be deleted via DELETE FILESPACE.

So far, a few expirations have been run on the target server
without changing things. Will the contents of the ADSM.SERVER
filespace eventually go away, and if so, when?

Wolfgang J. Moeller, Tel. +49 551 201-1516/-1510, moeller AT gwdvms.dnet.gwdg
DOT de
GWDG, D-37077 Goettingen, F.R.Germany     |    Disclaimer: No claim intended!
http://www.gwdg.de/~moeller/ ---- <moeller AT gwdg DOT de> ---- <w.moeller AT
ieee DOT org>