ADSM-L

Re: 3584 on Solaris trough SAN

2003-06-01 17:45:55
Subject: Re: 3584 on Solaris trough SAN
From: Arni Snorri Eggertsson <arnie AT GORMUR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 21:45:11 -0000
I had the same problem as Dave described at a customers site, as soon as we
got the Qlogic card from Qlogic everything worked fine.

And just a tip for you since you plan on running your TSM Server on Solaris,
you should considder not using filesystem for TSM Database nor TSM Diskpools
since the native Solaris Filesystem is not fast enough, you should instead
use raw devices.  We had these huge performance problems at a customers site
and when we changed this we saw about 130% increse in transfer rate.

best regards,
Arni Snorri Eggertsson