ADSM-L

Re: 3584 configuration with lto2 drives

2003-05-30 18:07:17
Subject: Re: 3584 configuration with lto2 drives
From: Hunny Kershaw <hunnychka AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:04:29 -0700
Hi Joni,

Yes, you need the TSM server at least version 5.1.6.1. You also need the
IBM device driver for the drives and the library. I don't know the driver
level.. The one on the FTP site should do it.

Regards,

Hunny..

                      Joni Moyer
                      <joni.moyer@HIGHM        To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      ARK.COM>                 cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  3584 configuration
with lto2 drives
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      05/30/2003 11:53
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hello everyone!

Our company is conducting a tpoc currently with the 3584 tape library and
we are going to be using lto2 tapes connected to our SAN with a Sun Solaris
9 TSM server.  We have 2 drives available for this testing so that we may
test lan-free backups.  What I was wondering is:

1.  Is the lowest level of the TSM server have to be 5.1.6.1?

2.  Do we need to have the IBM device driver?  If so, what level do we
need?  4.0.6.5?

Are there any other pieces/installations that will be needed for this
setup?

Thank you!

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer