ADSM-L

Windows 2000 scheduled backup problem

2003-05-28 14:15:01
Subject: Windows 2000 scheduled backup problem
From: Bob Booth - UIUC <booth AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:14:30 -0500
Guess I don't know enough about Windows objects to figure out what is going
on here.  I hope there is some help out there.

I am trying to back up only one folder (and files within) on a Win 2K box.

TSM Client level is 5.1.5
Server level is 4.2.4

Windows OS level is 5.01

The folder I want to back up is : C:\Research Folder

These are the only files on the machine they want to back up, but I either
get it to back up the entire machine, or just the directories in
C:\Research Folder

In my Objects statement I have "C:\Research Folder\*" which does not seem to
backup any files.

any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong.  I have done things with
exclude lists, and include lists, but I can't seem to figure out what I am
doing here.

TIA!

bob