ADSM-L

Re: Understanding schedules

2003-05-28 12:14:05
Subject: Re: Understanding schedules
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:15:06 -0500
If they are not on line between 6 and 7am, then the schedule will not catch
them.
Might I suggest an 8 hour duration.  If they login during the day, hopefully
they
will be found and backed up.

But if you use login scripts, it might be best to use that instead.  So the
first time
a user logs in each day, a backup is done.  But check a date/time stamp on a
file
or registry entry to see you don't do it multiple times in one day.  You
might even
not 'touch' the file till a successful backup completes (in an exit script?)

We don't backup laptops, not that it is not a good idea.