ADSM-L

Re: ANE4014E unknown system error

2003-05-28 07:09:53
Subject: Re: ANE4014E unknown system error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:09:28 -0400
>I receive the following error occasionally, while performing an archive:
>
>ANS1228E Sending of object '/usr/sap/tsm/data/bdksqhih/poold.data1.Z' failed
>ANS4014E Error processing '/usr/sap/tsm/data/bdksqhih/poold.data1.Z': unknown
>system error (157) encountered.  Program ending.
>
>It fails at different files for the same node. Client upgrade to the latest
>level do not help.
>Does anybody know what is the reason to receive that error?
>
>TSM server 5.1.6.5 on AIX 4.3
>TSM client 5.1.6 on AIX 4.3

Maria - I would first check your client dsmerror.log for supplementary info
        which may help explain the situation.  The high error number is bogus
and should not be reported by the client (defect).

Beyond that: I notice that the quoted file has a .Z suffix, meaning (or should
mean) that it was the subject of a 'compress' command.  If all the failures
are on compressed files, I wonder if client compression is turned on, and
some issues in buffer handling are occurring as the file actually expands
during the secondary compression.

   Richard Sims, BU