ADSM-L

Re: 3494 library on earthquake pads?

2003-05-27 15:52:43
Subject: Re: 3494 library on earthquake pads?
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:50:40 -0500
Pretty neat Tom..

      just a little more food for thought since you made reference to
alignment...

some of the ATLs that I'm involved with were built with heavy angle iron
under the feet to spread the load  and help keep the frames in proper
alignment in the event a weak spot were to develop in the raised floor on
which they were assembled.

that might have just been paranoia though...

Dwight

                      "Thomas A. La
                      Porte"                     To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <tlaporte AT ANIM DOT DREA        cc:
                      MWORKS.COM>                Subject:  3494 library on
earthquake pads?
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"
                      <[email protected]

                      05/27/2003 11:12 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I realize that this isn't *strictly* TSM-related, but I know that
there are many 3494 library users and some of you may have
investigated this before me.

We are about to move our 3494 library within our data center and
are considering moving it onto seismic earthquake pads (see
<URL:http://www.worksafetech.com/pages/isobase.html>, for an
illustration of what I'm describing). I would like to know if
anybody on the list has done this before or has investigated
doing anything similar.

We have been moving all of our data center equipment onto
ISO-Base platforms, but the 3494 library seems as though it might
have different requirements, what with it's need to stay aligned,
etc.

Feel free to contact me directly or respond to the list if you
have had any experience in this area.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte, DreamWorks SKG
<mailto:tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>