ADSM-L

Réf. : Automating dsmserv

2003-05-27 11:52:33
Subject: Réf. : Automating dsmserv
From: GUILLAUMONT Etienne <eguillau AT RGB-TECHNOLOGIE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:14:58 +0200
Here is an example of what I did for Linux, for dsmserv, you just have to
replace the dsmc sched line in the start function by the shell script which
runs dsmserv and the killproc dsmc by a dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin
-noconfirm 'halt'
You can also replace the dsmc value for prog by dsmserv

#! /bin/bash
#
# dsmc          Start/Stop the cron clock daemon.
#
# chkconfig: 2345 90 60
#              programs at periodic scheduled times. vixie cron adds a \
#              number of features to the basic UNIX cron, including better
\
#              security and more powerful configuration options.
# processname: dsmc
# config: /etc/crontab
# pidfile: /var/run/dsmc.pid

# Source function library.
. /etc/init.d/functions

RETVAL=0

# See how we were called.

prog="dsmc"
# prog="dsmserv"                                    # for dsmserv

start() {
     echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
     /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null&
     # the two following lines are for dsmserv
     # cd /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
     # dsmserv quiet   &              # or rc.dsmserv &
     RETVAL=$?
     echo
     [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/prog
     return $RETVAL
}

stop() {
     echo -n $"Stopping $prog: "
     killproc $prog
     # the following line is for dsmserv :
     # dsmadmc -id=admin -password=admin -noconfirm 'halt'
     RETVAL=$?
     echo
     [ $RETVAL -eq 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/$prog
     return $RETVAL
}

rhstatus() {
     status $prog
}

restart() {
     stop
     start
}

reload() {
     echo -n $"Reloading dsmc daemon configuration: "
     stop
     start
}

case "$1" in
  start)
     start
     ;;
  stop)
     stop
     ;;
  restart)
     restart
     ;;
  reload)
     reload
     ;;
  status)
     rhstatus
     ;;
  condrestart)
     [ -f /var/lock/subsys/$prog ] && restart || :
     ;;
  *)
     echo $"Usage: $0 {start|stop|status|reload|restart|condrestart}"
     exit 1
esac

exit $?

Cordialement

Etienne GUILLAUMONT
e-mail : etienne AT rgb-technologie DOT fr

RGB Technologie
Parc d'Innovation, Bâtiment PYTHAGORE
11 Rue Jean SAPIDUS
67400 ILLKIRCH
Tél :  03 90 40 60 60
Fax : 03 90 40 60 61

                    Geert De

                    Pecker               Pour :  ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    <gedp@SOFICO.        cc :

                    BE>                  Objet :      Automating dsmserv

                    Envoyé par :

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    27/05/2003

                    09:25

                    Veuillez

                    répondre à

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi,

I'm probably overlooking something, but I can't find any reference
about how to start/stop the dsmserv on system startup and shutdown.
We're running a redhat 7.3, so I'm looking for a kind of rc script
to put into the rc.d/init.d directories.

Regards,

Geert

Geert De Pecker - SOFICO NV
Fraterstraat 228-242, B9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Mail: gedp AT sofico DOT be, Tel: +3292108040, Fax: +3292108041