ADSM-L

Re: Auditdb timing - FYI

2003-05-27 11:04:56
Subject: Re: Auditdb timing - FYI
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <gretchen AT PRINCETON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 09:42:56 -0400
On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 09:31 AM, Stapleton, Mark wrote:

To tell the truth, the problem lies in the size of your TSM database
(and probably also the speed of disk upon which said database resides
and the speed of the processor used by the TSM server). You probably
ought to consider breaking it up into several separate TSM servers.
This
gives the added ability to export nodes to alternate serves when a
particular server is giving you fits.

When you grow to enterprise size, you've got to start thinking in
enterprise mode.

Ummm, this is one of *five* servers. I've had databases (during the
SYSTEM
OBJECT problems of v4) that were well over 250 GB. Granted, I'd like to
keep the database under 100GB, but it just isn't going to happen (out of
funding for a while and have to make this work).

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University