ADSM-L

Re: TSM Backup Archive GUI / Web Client are not able to display archi ves

2003-05-25 10:31:34
Subject: Re: TSM Backup Archive GUI / Web Client are not able to display archi ves
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 10:31:07 -0400
>Any body was encountered this, "when I retrieve the archive data using ba
>GUI or web client, the archives are not displaying but when I used the query
>archive I can able to display archives using the ba command line".   The ba
>was installed on Windows NT 4 with ba version 5.1.5.0.

Sounds like you're relaying a user complaint.  On the surface of it, it doesn't
seem right.  The important factor is how the user specified the relative
requests to access the data (disk volume name, path specification, etc.), which
you may have to pursue.  And be sure that the data belongs to the user under
which the different retrieves were issued.  I would also verify that the GUI and
CLI modules that the user is invoking are the same version/release numbers, as a
file sent to server storage with a given client level may not be retrievable
with an earlier level; and a workstation might have mongrel copies of TSM
modules floating around.  Make sure that the user is attempting the multiple
methods from the same workstation, and that it is the workstation which sent the
data: it's not unheard of for a user to try to access their data from someone
else's PC and then complain that it isn't working.

The user might also go further and try to use the GUI to at least inspect the
list of Backup objects, and comparatively try to list them in the CLI.  This
may help uncover the essence of the issue.  As always, look into client error
logs and the server Activity Log for session problems.

  Richard Sims, BU