ADSM-L

can't restore... bummer

2003-05-22 17:40:23
Subject: can't restore... bummer
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:41:32 -0500
First, I am trying to restore data backed up from a Novell 4.11 client (TSM
client is 4.2.2.0) back onto a similar machine (or the same machine for that
matter, I have tried both). No, the Novell client for 4.11 is not supported
any more, but it does work for us, and we are working on moving away from
Novell.  We have no TCPIP and no GUI on these Novell systems either.

Using the command line client interface, I am entering this:

restore -subdir=yes "corp/data:HOME/JCoats/OutLook/A New Folder/*"
data:restore-jcoats/

and it restores the folder, but not any data or sub-directories under "A New
Folder"

... Any assistance is greatly appreciated. ... Humble in Houston